Saturday 28 September 2019

Celebrating the original Tommy Robinson

I was puttering about in Wellington the other day and picked up a copy of Tom Robinson Cabaret 79, live at the Collegiate Theatre.

It reminded me of this cartoon:


Which captures the ignorance, bigotry and general nastiness of the Far Right.  Who could resist singing along to the chorus of Glad to be Gay?

Though my favourite tom Robinson song is the more downbeat Cold Harbour - a simple song about the confusions of love and desire, in which the pronouns are less relevant than the emotional honesty.
"Who's he... choosing,
Clenching my toes,
And just wishing to God it was me."

No comments:

Unsurprising

 From the Guardian : The  Observer  understands that as well as backing away from its £28bn a year commitment on green investment (while sti...