Monday 5 April 2010

BNP civil war - part II

Will the history books have to be re-written, Stalin-Beria style, to exclude all mention of the traitor Collett? And if so, once Brons ousts Griffin, and Collett is welcomed back into the fold and the BNP and the NF merge, they'll have to be re-written again.

Collett has put out a statement that is notably long on profusions of loyalty to the BNP, and protestations about how he would never do anything to hurt the party but doesn't seems to include any statement of personal loyalty to Nick Griffin, or any direct denial of the allegations against him:
Mr Collett, 29, had been planning to stand in Sheffield at the election against David Blunkett, the former home secretary. He said yesterday: "I don't intend to say anything bad about the party that would compromise it in the run-up to an election. If I've been wronged, which I believe I have, I've still got no intention to undermine the party. I'm not someone who goes running to the press when I've got problems. I'm not going to say anything more, even about if I've been arrested." (1)
Note, also, the scramble to attain the moral high ground - a position which almost requires someone else to be lurking on the moral low ground.

It's almost like his statement is incomplete, and should contain some further comments that it is up to us to discern. Here's what I think he's really saying:
"I don't intend to say anything bad about the party that would compromise it in the run-up to an election - unlike Nick Griffin."
"I've still got no intention to undermine the party - unlike Nick Griffin."
"I'm not someone who goes running to the press when I've got problems - unlike Nick Griffin."
"I'm not going to say anything more, even about if I've been arrested - unlike Nick Griffin."
Pretty clear sub-text to Collett's statement is that he isn't the one betraying the party and its values - Griffin is, with his Euro gravy train and weakening of the membership requirements.

Expect to see Collett fronting a 'Real BNP' splinter group inside six months - unless Griffin is knifed (metaphorically) after the election, having failed to win any seats. In which case Collett gets welcomed back by the BNP, 2nd in command to Brons, and Griffin gets to lead the 'Real BNP' splinter group.
1 - "BNP official arrested over claims he threatened to kill Nick Griffin," by Nigel Morris and Tom Peck. Published in The Independent, 5th of April, 2010. (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bnp-official-arrested-over-claims-he-threatened-to-kill-nick-griffin-1936014.html)

No comments:

Unsurprising

 From the Guardian : The  Observer  understands that as well as backing away from its £28bn a year commitment on green investment (while sti...