- They're the underdogs. That makes them almost Scottish.
- They're British, and I guess that counts for something.
- They're playing proper, Northern hemisphere driving, forwards based rugby, with none of this silly fancy-boy back stuff.
- They don't have twenty people called Barrett in the team.
- The English team all look like squat trolls, which is endearing. Proper rugby stock.
- The All Blacks all have silly moustaches and even some mullets.
- The English team doesn't have Will Carling, Rob Andrew or the Underwoods in it. Which makes it possible to like them.