Monday 16 September 2019

Chris Trotter on the BFD

I don't want to give pblicity to certain parts of the internet that are better left to fester in their own irrelevance (I know, a bit like this place) but the listing of Chris Trotter as a 'author' on Cameron Slater's spinoff website, the BFD requires some explanation.


Now, I don't know if Trotter is actually providing specific content for The BFD.  I don't know if he is allowing them to recycle stuff from his Bowalley Road blog.  I don't know if he is completely unaware that he has been listed as an 'author' at The BFD and they are simply using him to give their website some heft or the illusion of balance.

(I do know I alerted Chris to his association with The BFD a few weeks ago, via a comment on Bowalley road that he did not deign to publish; and he's still listed as an auther there as of today. Draw what conclusions you will from that.)

I publically exhort Chris to explain how this has come about, and why he is allowing his name to be associated with a cameron Slater linked website.

1 comment:

Sanctuary said...

Trotter regularly contributed to Whaleoil. I assume it is under his general mantra of "freedom of speech" - the altar where Chris Trotter has recklessly sacrificed his reputation to defend the likes of Cameron Slater, Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux.

Unfortunately for Mr. Trotter, he is nowadays sadly afflicted by a common ill of aging men - an inability to pick his battles and a peculiar desire for martyrdom as a comfortable compensation for losing relevance.

Unsurprising

 From the Guardian : The  Observer  understands that as well as backing away from its £28bn a year commitment on green investment (while sti...