Tuesday 25 March 2014

Great truths are often spoken in jest

Maybe I'm just a humourless dolt, but I didn't think Scott Yorke's spoof diary entry for Matthew Hooton was terribly funny.  But one line did strike me as being - perhaps unintentionally - very spot on.  Not because of what it says about Hooton, though:
I’m immensely intelligent, and I’m also right-wing. It’s no coincidence. 
So how can someone as well educated as Cunliffe be a leftie? That’s the biggest lie of all.
Maybe I'm just a cynical fool, as well as a humourless dolt, but I'm about as convinced by Cunliffe's leftwingery as I am of the existence of the Loch Ness Monster.

No comments:

Unsurprising

 From the Guardian : The  Observer  understands that as well as backing away from its £28bn a year commitment on green investment (while sti...